Wrapping Up And My 6 Favorite Artists During 2018



It's been a long year, a lot of hard work and still lot to do. Overall, it's been a great, I have polished my musical style much more, leveling technique with reach, what I mean is that sometimes you have to be proficient in technique in order to have full control of your sound and concept. But I'm not talking about technique in the sense of DAW, sound design, mixing, etc. but Pure Technique and pure technique is Wisdom in the most Oriental way, the Buddha way, the Tao Way, the Big Brother way as Quavo from Migos would put it. You have lived a lot, you have seen the worst, you have seen the best, this is pure technique. The year has come to an end and I must at least give you something of cultural value. What Artists have been worthy during my 2018? I don't listen to albums that much, I'm not an album-philiac, Albums are just a byproduct of silly Music Journalism, Albums are made for Clout Chasing Journalists for them to write silly, uninformed and arbitrary reviews. We've all heard it, we all want a review from that Anthony Fantano guy. Is this really our biggest aspiration? I don't hate Fantano, I respect his honesty, he is more honorable than the Average Music Journalist, but why do you seek his validation? Don't be a cuck. Break Free from the Media, be Real, don't let it corrupt you, the Internet doesn't exist. If you sell out, sell out in an honorable way, never sell out for a Music Journalist or for those tw hoes showing their Cup DD titties. Is your music worth Cup DD breasts? Or is it unquantifiable, timeless, pure and a product of good Ethics. This is why I endorse Veganism and its Raw Foodist Variants. I've been Vegan for almost 10 years and I can guarantee you that it's the best thing I have ever done my life, it showed me what is to be a militant, to not do things for the edge, to believe beyond belief and faith, to aim at the timeless and not bow down to the catastrophe of Modernity. The 1898 and Alt-Jpop message is a positive one even if it's shrouded by some pessimism. DJ Melania 666 and Alt-Jpop aren't very different, they aim at the same epileptic self-effacement Jouissance, this self-effacement comes with a promise, the promise of truth, the promise of Being, the Raw Vegan Mono Meal, to finally take a rest after all the mayhem and the wicked, to feel the soil.


Anyway, putting at rest the psychedelia, here are my favorite artists of 2018. Don't expect anything deep.


Ariana Grande


I love animals more than I love most people, not kidding. But I am a firm believer in eating a full plant-based, whole food diet that can expand your life length and make you an all-around happier person. It is tricky dining out, but I just stick to what I know — veggies, fruit and salad — then when I get home I'll have something else. (Ariana Grande)



Picture depicting Gen Z (Source: Fake News Inc.)
I remember I liked Victorious a lot, what a strange series. Tori Vega was definitely a technological singularity. The other day I took a peek at Disney Channel and I'm like these new shows are so dumb, definitely this is a product of fake news. Now that I remember, Victorious is from Nickelodeon, it's all the same stupidity though. People love these really dumb shows, I would definitely ban them in my One-Party State(jk), shows about Scientists, you know them very well, Rick and Morty, Big Bang Theory, these degenerate shows about banging shallow women that don't offer anything of socio-cultural value. I still ask myself, why? It's obviously a thing we have intensified from the French Revolution. No wonder the Paleo Diet and Raw Veganism are against eating the bread, the oui oui olé baguette. So much grains will fucking kill you!!!!! Oui, Oui, Oui, Olé, Olé, pass me the butter, the ham, and the croissant. Love eating my eggs full of cholesterol! Everybody is a scientist today, from Left to Right, from Beatriz Preciado to Charles Murray, from people that claim that Soy makes you gay to people that claim that Soy cures Homosexuality! Maybe it's Gen Z's fault now that I think about it, oh Gen Z', one cannot hate them, they may be addicted to sending nudes in Snapchat, ow, but they awe saw smawt! Fuck the Millennials.

Ariana Grande is my sweetheart, I respect her, I have enjoyed her recent album Sweetener a lot. She and her team have crafted this very well. Most Western Pop is extremely dishonest, they seem to attempt to be more art than real art-house artists. These avant mainstream artists always make me cringe a lot, what a bunch of degenerates. Look at Ariana Grande, her tracks are about Lickin' the Bowl and striving towards the Victorious Meta-(non)Pedophilic Speculative Past. Talk about genius!!!! Ariana was truly being herself here.


Elle Teresa



 I'm literally obsessed with Elle Teresa, how could someone invent something like this? The music is so simple yet so straight to the point. One of the things I love about Elle Teresa is not the fact that she's Kawaii or Japanese, is her Hyper Kitsch element. She appropriates so many things, Trap, Chanel, Dragon Ball Z, the concept of the "Kawaii", Cardi B lyrics. We all know there are a lot of stupid ig girls that appropriate the Kawaii but they all have this pseudo pretentious discourse of liberation around it, I say pseudo because they can't even be pretentious. Elle Teresa's Cultural Appropriation is more honest, more authentic and more comical. I see 0% try hardness in Elle Teresa, she simply gives. Elle Teresa's lyrics are as banal as they appear to be. Many artists are banal for the edgy aspect, that's a very shallow thing to do, this is why I somewhat agree with 1975, irony is bad. I don't like irony, this is why the cultural appropriation of the Kawaii is literally stupid. One has to be unilateral kawaii, never use it as an ironic agenda to keep spreading Western Non-Sense shrouded with Progressive and Subversive Ideals. There are no politics of the Kawaii, there are simply no politics in music and there should never be. This is why I enjoy Elle Teresa so much! She is probably the artist I listened to the most in 2018.


Twice



"You have two choices, yes or yes."


JYP has made a work of art with Twice. JYP when founding Twice he was guided by the AKB48 Philosophy "give an ordinary girl the mic." Without doubt, Twice aren't ordinary girls, they have been training their whole life! They even made a reality show about Twice's audition (16sixteen). Twice members are very "catchy" regarding physique, their faces are extremely memorable compared to many Kpop bands, it's all well thought, no wonder they have succeeded so much. 9 is just right, not more, not less. Another important aspect of Twice is its hyper-release Philosophy, Twice releases a lot, they have so many songs but it's all very well calculated. Like Anuel AA, Hyper-release is a very effective method, it's less risky than it appears to be, it's easier to redeem yourself if you fail. Many artists dream of disappearing and then making an epic comeback (hitherto, the lame undying spirit of Jacobinism!). The JYP filter is very attent, most of the Twice releases have been great in my opinion. The BDZ album contained a lot of great singles, it didn't get a lot of attention though. With YES or YES Twice managed to get more attention again, what an amazing track! Twice may have lost some force but they will have historical permanence and a place in my heart.

CY8ER


Oof, Yunomi doesn't seem to give a fuck. How come a Jpop band be so ridiculously Chart sounding but at the same time extremely inaccessible. Yunomi taught me DJ Tony, use so much sidechain till you leave your audience becomes cognitively impaired from so much sensorial stimulation. Sometimes I ask myself, how do these singers sing on these beatz? I have a theory that Yunomi plays a shitty chord progression with a lame ass Acoustic Guitar and tells the girls "ok sing." Then after acquiring the vocals, he's like gimme a couple of hours *hyper saturated EDM beat appears.* From a technical perspective, Yunomi has influenced me a lot, especially his work with CY8ER. He does use drum samples and sample based presets, something I'm a little bit reluctant to use again, I try to be 100% sample free till the day I die. Everybody knows I love cultural appropriation, it's no accident I like CY8ER.  CY8ER follows the long tradition of modern Jpop, culturally appropriate Japan as a Japanese. Yunomi, CY8ER and co. appropriate Future Bass, Jpop, Trap and brutally use it for their own means. The Yunomi approach is very limited, my friends tell me Yunomi's beatz always sound the same. I think that's Yunomi's point, maximalism has a tendency to repeat. Pop is hyperstructured, there is no novelty or revolution, by maximalization this truth becomes evident, since you have no other choice beyond the Nihilistic Sidechaining and Yunomi patented Ultra Happy Mode in the Major Scale, Yunomi, as Elle Teresa, gives


Anuel AA



Anuel is an enigma. He may appear to be obvious and I may be aware of many aspects of his logic since I was raised in Nth Level Street Law Kingdom Carolina, Puerto Rico!!! The worldwide capital of Reggaetón, Illegal Drag Racing and the official Gang Zone of Puerto Rico (don't worry I was a good boy :))!!! Anuel was getting a lot of buzz as a Trap artist, he is one of the main representatives of Latin Trap. He is very popular in Latin America. When I went to Mexico everyone knew who he was and now that he has a Billboard Hit, he is spreading like a virus. There is something ironically kvlt about Anuel. He has this motto of Real Hasta La Muerte (Real till death). Anuel's kvltness is very comical, it is as if he had no filter for the nonsensical. His attitude and his lyrics are a pure barrage of nonsense, more than the typical trapper. Anuel identifies himself as the Illuminati and the Devilish Reincarnation of Hector El Father (complete nonsense as you can see but it's all very amusing). His extreme carelessness led him to 1 year in jail, that didn't stop him though, he kept up making hits and accelerating his Messianic Trapper Status just after finishing his sentence. He almost fucked up when he made this extremely nihilistic 10 minute diss to Cosculluela. The track was saturated with Homophobic slurs (the lowest of the lowest) and making fun of a Puerto Rican celebrity who suffers from AIDS. Anuel was already a divisive figure in Puerto Rico but after this he almost fucked up. This track triggered everyone, his manager even cancelled his show in Puerto Rico. Anuel ended up pulling the diss off the internet and making an extremely ridiculous public apology. During the apology he was crying and claiming he was full of hate that he didn't know what he was doing. Ay Anuel, you are out of your mind! But all this nonsense is part of Anuel's personality and secret to success. A few moments later he makes a mega hit with Karol G. I would make Anuel AA beat.

Yurufuwa Gang


What an excellent Trap Duo, their style is very peculiar, very specific, I doubt you will find something as similar as this. Their appropriation of Trap it's one of the finest, I like this idea of stealing genres and decontextualizing them to the point of offense, the idea of stealing EDM from the EDMbros, stealing Trap from Atlanta, stealing footwork from the Chicagobros, corrupting Jpop(hehe), etc. And tell them you know nothing about this (or the opposite)!!! Yurufuwa like some Asian Trap, decontextualize Trap in a very extreme way, sometimes they are sometimes they are not, it's all hyper kitsch, or to put it in Fatima Al Qadiri's words, it's Asiatisch. There is something magical about this duo, both members are like the Ying Yang, they compliment each other very well, it's a love story you will always want to follow, just like Jay Z and Beyoncé. 

Conclusion

There are certainly more artists/bands that are worth mentioning such as Niji No Conquistador, Kanye West, Dua Lipa, Tacoyaki Rainbow, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, Akko Gorilla, Jvcki Wai, etc. For this reason I made a playlist for you guys to enjoy! Thanks to all the people who have supported 1898music and Alt-Jpop!!! Blessings to you!!! Go Vegan!!! Go 30% Raw Vegan!!!! Merry Christmas!!! Happy New Year!!!! We have a lot of great things for 2019!!!

























Popular posts from this blog

What is Alt-Jpop? Interview with Antonio Vázquez

The Meaning of "Hyper": What do I think of Deconstructed Club? Deconstructed Club inspired 1898?

"Reinventing reinvention" Conversation with DJ Melania 666