DOMINATE MIX


Moe Shop - Notice (w- TORIENA)

I truly love Toriena's vocals, her vocals are very unique, I'm not a very big fan of Future Funk but this track is lit! It's a very dizzying track, Toriena's vocals compliment the general psychedelia of the track, by her extreme syncopated groove.







Mikeneko Homeless x Masayoshi Iimori - America feat. Nagi Nemoto(nijicon)





Probably the track I have most listened, Nagi Nemoto's ABG(I mean this in a good way) rap steals my heart. My only criteria when acquiring enjoyment is if there is enough Quanta of ABG, for some strange reason one of my favorite Kpop singers is HyunA! Nagi Nemoto has a very post HyunA vibe! She would be very succesful if she goes solo. Regarding the beat, Masayoshi Iimori and Mikeneko Homeless produced this beat. It's a fairly simple beat but this simplicity makes this track ultra lit!





Alt-Jpop - DRUG ADDICTS REMAKE ft. Xia Shu 夏 树



This is a very ridiculous thing I made with Xia Shu over two months ago when she came to visit me at Orlando, it started as a joke. Everybody knows I have high IQ and I can easily reconstruct any beat from Murda Beatz to Paganini. I reconstructed this lil pump beat in like 2 mins. We started recording everythng the same day and then we started feeling extremely guilty, we were "Maybe this is too much," I decided to put the experiment aside and go back eating Sunflower Butter Cups, SBCs taste way better than Peanut Butter and it has more quanta of Iron. I few weeks I was telling to myself maybe this remix was pretty lit, I went to logic pro and made the track more hyper because it sounded too similar to the original beat, and I'm lil bit allergic to the trap beat aesthetic and sounds, Made the 808 more hyper, added some more synths and fxs(not a single sample, samples are for mormies). After 2 hours of layering and mixing you I automatically uploaded the remake to Alt-Jpop, until now it has 4 likes and 3 reposts, thanks to the people that support ALt-Jpop! When we go big I will buy you some Multivitamins!

Amnesia Scanner - AS Chaos (feat. Pan Daijing)



Oh my Pan, Lil pan, kidnapped my Big Pan. Maybe Pan Daijing should say sayonnara to Berlin and say Ni Hao to Ultra Accelerated Jpop.














Kyary Pamyu Pamyu - Slow Mo




This is a very strange kind of trap track by Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, love the hi hats and the cymbal work, it's a strange thing to hear in a KPP track, it was never featured in a KPP album, so not many people know this song. 











Yasutaka Nakata - Source of light



Yasutaka Nakata is probably one of my biggest influences in beatz, he is an staple in modern oriental pop music. I have a hard time understanding the Future Bass genre. I don't quite get the point of such trend and its influence. I do listen to Jpop that happens to be future bass but still I just don't get the point, it's conceptually weak and truly hate that future bass groove thing. Future Bass primacy of the drums is problematic. PC Music was aware of the sinful aspect of the drums in electronic music, for some reason they eliminate the broken beat drum groove. Recently, Yasutaka Nakata starting identifying himself with Future Bass, probably due to the fact that there are many Jpop producers who started incorporating it to their arrangements, Nakata had no other choice but to keep up. I respect this since 1898, regardless of its dogmatism, tries to be very aware of every production trend while maintaining a strong isolationist ethics of distsnciation. What I like about Yasutaka Nakata is that he is an amateur future bass producer, this makes his stuff quite curious, Ystk and Yunomi seem to accidentally parody future bass. This makes their work legitimate.

SOPHIE - Immaterial girl


It's been ages since I don't put PC Music in a mix. I have a theory that Sophie made this album the day before releasing it. Now that I think about, I never said anything about Sophie's debut album, here are my two cents... It's a pointless album, Sophie is aware of this, The Album is a degenerate concept, it's not compatible with the euphoria of EDM. Sophie is someone who represents post EDM beatz, edm beatz exceed critique, albums are made for stupid music journalists who think they have refined taste, they forget that the concept of the album is inherently pathetic, it's for people who listen to Radiohead. Every album is potentially a Radiohead album. Jpop and kpop are more legitimate genres for releasing an album, most Jpop albums are ridiculous promotional releases with no pretention of art or to be critiqued. I cannot deny Alt-Jpop will eventually release an album, this gives me a little bit of anxiety since we are a little bit Berlin influenced and critics will either praise us or destroy us. I try to aim my music to people who are interested in Accelerationist Theory or typical hyper Jpop fans. 


ハッピーくるくる - はんぶんこ花火(Hanbunko Hanabi)Ultra Remix by Alt-Jpop


I made this remix like in 4 hours, it gave me a slight headache, I spent like 1 hour trying to render it, for a strange reason it was exporting the first 8 bars blank, I think it was because I had a lot of apps open and the first 8 bars consumed a lot of processing power and I never put my tracks in Freeze Mode (an option in Logic Pro X where it permits you to "freeze" tracks to prevent lagging). It contains a some new snares I have been designing over the past two weeks. It's not the same as the original, I made a new beat from scratch and to be honest, I didn't even listen to the original track... I like this thrill of remixing tracks without listening to them. When making the track I wanted to give it a rock n roll vibe, I would say it's a Jpop and Groove Sludge Metal Crossover but dentro de lo que cabe, it's extremely pop. There are several risers, risers are a lil bit important when making EDM, it gives movement to the beat and it's a guide for lazy listeners, but I personally wouldn't put a lot effects in my beatz but if there are no effects ppl won't listen! But there are some details of the beat I like, I kind of of guitar riser that repeats over 3 times. I made some vocal chopping from the vocals and also exported a section of of the track I composed and chopped it to make a more noisy guitaristic effect for one section. The bass synth is already "kicky"but I decided to compliment it with a Kick I made in Kick2. But my biggest difference with PC Music is that I prefer EDM like snares over claps. There is a breakdown I like where I repeat the chorus, because the chorus doesn't repeat in the original acapella I just made a small edit of the song's structure. In the breakdown I changed the preset of the bass to a very digital Yasutaka Type of bass and changed the chord progression a lil bit. Regarding the mixing, I EQed a lil bit, try to have the snare as loud and clear as possible while preventing mix muddying(this is why I skipped the 808 and used bass cut distorted bass with a Kick2 that fills the low range) and exported the beat with Fab Filter's Pro L-2 Limiter, probably the best limiter I've used! Better than Ultramaximazer L-2 and even better than Logic's stock limiter (a limiter I don't recommend that much).  I may have a headache now but I enjoyed this remix and I loved the girl's vocals!

BLACKPINK - Forever Young




This track is so messianic, there is a DIS Magazine 2012-2014 conceptual feel in this beat. Blackpink is probably the greatest pop i've heard in the last few years.








Popular posts from this blog

The Meaning of "Hyper": What do I think of Deconstructed Club? Deconstructed Club inspired 1898?

What is Alt-Jpop? Interview with Antonio Vázquez

Alt-Jpop's Theory of Jpop I: America, Italy, Baguette and a lot of Nori