ALT-PROPAGANDA

Kyary Pamyu Pamyu - 演歌ナトリウム


Kyary's new album is truly amazing, I hope this album gives KPP the spotlight again. It's quite sad to see that other artists are getting more attention than KPP! When Master Shaman KPP reshaped Jpop and Kpop forever! I like Kyary's philosophy here, the same as mine, to Make Jpop Great Again. The Hyper Oriental aspect has always been in Kyary's albums but here she takes even further the idea of "Japaneseness." What I like about KPP is that she is a Neotraditionalist, you could ask KPP "do you believe that there is such thing as an Ontology of Japan and I'm 100% certain that she will tell you Japan is the purest realization of man. What is interesting is that her Japaneseness is almost reactive, the importance of Japan is very ingrained in everything she does, it's not a mere Aesthetics. I'm not saying Kyary Pamyu Pamyu is a Japanese Ultra Nationalist but I think she doesn't confront Japan as a Nation from the Postmodern or Hiroki Azuma perspective, that Japan didn't have modernity blah blah, that after the US bla bla, Japaneseness can only be confronted through parodization. Kyary is no parody this is why her Real is very powerful, she embraces Japan ontologically and unilaterally, without doubting a lack of essence. Kyary is the only kawaii artist that doesn't follow the  narrative of the transition without Modernity from the pre-Modern Japan to Post-Modern Japan, for the KPP ontology this transition never happened. This track is a work of art, Mishima would cry, I spilled my Matcha tea when I heard KPP singing like a Geisha. Spread the Japamyu Hype! Make Jpop Great Again! God Bless Master KPP!


Pristin - Wee Woo

I normally don't talk about how attractive is someone in Kpop but I have to say this, let's say Kyulkuung is in my top 10 Bae bias in Kpop. Talking about girls I would like to add that you could love Twice, HyunA, Girls Generation, etc. But if you are a pristin fan you have one of the requirements for becoming DJ Tony's gf! So don't give up! Pristin is the first step for the ring. 



Dragon Guardian - ANKOKUBUTOUKAI


Dragon guardian this is an extremely ridiculous (but good) Power Metal project. I have always asked my acquaintances, "should I put Power Metal on my mixes, can it be edgy?" they always evaded answering me this question so in this mix I decided to be myself and come out as someone who thinks power metal has some decent aesthetics and ontology. My god! Mixing Ultra Epic Synths with Shred Sweep Picked Guitar, Fast Drums, a Floating Neocam State and Hyperfemenine Vocals! Who has thought something so precise?

Note: I grin whenever I hear the Hotel California reference in the guitar solo. 





Alt-Jpop - Regret 

Don't you feel the Tech Death Power Metal here? See when everThis project crashed a few times, really big nightmare. This track is an exception, the beginning orchestral preset I use wasn't designed by me! I actually used a vst for the violin like sounds, I tweaked it a Lil bit though. Lately I have been designing the orchestral sounds I want but sometimes it is a little bit difficult to really get the perfect sound with normal synths but you reach near perfect, I'm almost there. Regardless of disappointing you guys for not abiding to 100% my Ethics of Total Synthesis Puritanism, the rest of the synths presets were designed by me. From an OCD perspective I think the first master exceeds in bass a little bit (the one that's on sc) but the one is this mix has a little bit less bass since OCD is a very powerful thing. My tip as a beatmaker is that you should evade retouching your tracks after finishing them, it won't heal the ocd, one will never feel satisfied. It's probably like the only 1898/Alt-Jpop that has a piano, oh, and the piano wasn't designed by me, sorry :(. 


Twice - Wake Me Up



Oof... This beat is extremely aesthetic. I'm all about the aesthetics of beat, not technique, I just develop technique to be edgy and aesthetic. Taoism and the Catholic Church is all about aesthetics, this is why I pray... Love the vocal melody, that synth preset arp in the chorus, oof... What a perfect synth. I don't like to talk about pretty girls... It makes me shy, shy... But I wanna date the Chaeyeoung of this video, so pocket size, so cute, okk, going to stop this, I feel ashamed of my Public Display of Love for Chaeyoung. Going to write a post of Alt-Jpop's to baes of Jpop. I like this video because this show JYP's nature/desire of wanting to appropriating every subculture. And the chigga aims at the Jpop market now... take easy JYP... Aesthetics are important, but aesthetics can kill you...






AKB48 - Everyday, Kachuusha





I don't like to explain things too much like a critic but this is all I can say about this track:

If there are places to which we are forbidden to go, it is because they can in truth be reached, or because they can reach us. In the end poetry is invasion and not expression.










Ayumi Hamasaki - Startin'




Everybody knows I'm an Ayumi Hamasaki fanboi, I religiously put her music in every mix. Hey, Ayumi is the richest celebrity in Japan! One has to esoterically get the point to reach that level! Ayumi is the mommy I want. 










Niji No Conquistador -  夏の夜は短すぎるけど・・・







Ok, so the story goes like this:


If there are places to which we are forbidden to go, it is because they can in truth be reached, or because they can reach us. In the end poetry is invasion and not expression.










Jvkci Wai - Enchanted Propaganda



I know the Illuminati and other very powerful people observe 1898music and Alt-Jpop. If these powerful ppl happen to let me make a beat for Jvcki Wai I would gladly appreciate it! Believe me the world needs Alt-Jpop x Jvcki Wai Global Enchanted Propaganda! Anyway keep xlr8ing the process, Alt-Jpop and 1898 are the invisible hand behind your lil Ferrari.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Meaning of "Hyper": What do I think of Deconstructed Club? Deconstructed Club inspired 1898?

What is Alt-Jpop? Interview with Antonio Vázquez

Alt-Jpop's Theory of Jpop I: America, Italy, Baguette and a lot of Nori